CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Storm 2009

Tuesday our area got hit pretty hard with snow and ice. School was closed (and we are still closed) so the kids were quite happy. Power is out for many people in the area. We are some of the lucky ones still with power (yay for underground utilities). Some people without electricity for the second time in 6 months (the first was courtesy of winds from Hurricane Ike).

So, I of course grabbed my new and very cool camera that I got for Christmas and took a lot of pictures!

Here is what it looked like Monday morning.
Well this was actually Sunday night going into Monday morning. Roads were a bit treacherous Monday morning and the kids went to school 2 hours late, but by noon it had warmed up enough to clear the roads. I joined the crowds at the groceries and got enough to get us through for a couple days. I made it to work and home later that night without any problems.

Tuesday morning we wake up to the real storm. It started out harmless enough with just snow. Enough for the kids to actually drag out their sleds and enjoy their snow day.


Well, we were not through with the precipitation. We all went to bed Tuesday night and woke up to ice. We could hear what we thought was thunder, but was in fact, tree limbs crashing down. Our trees, so far, are okay, but our neighbor behind us has several trees damaged.


But was Mother Nature finished with us. Nah... this is the Ohio River Valley, if you don't like the weather...wait five minutes and it will change.



Oh yes, that is more snow. Another of couple inches on top of about 5 inches of snow and an inch of ice.

I will admit I did have fun with my new camera and did manage to get some gorgeous (to me anyway) pictures. Here are just a few of my favorites:

And if this wasn't
enough, the local weather people are saying another storm is coming Monday.

Joy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to put some new pictures on here? MOM