CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!


Today my hubby and I have been married for 13 years. Hard to believe. So much has happened in those years. Last week, to celebrate we took a little road trip to Nashville, TN. The kids were on fall break (good planning on our part, huh) so we didn't have to worry about school and how we would get them there and all the after school activities that we have during the week.

When we first arrived at the hotel, our room wasn't quite ready, but since the hotel was right by the Country Music Hall of Fame I talked Bryan into going there while we waited. He really didn't want to go. He's not a big country music fan (although I am slowly bringing him around to where he can at least tolerate some of my favorite groups). This is an incredible museum and well worth a visit if you are in Nashville. Everything from the very earliest folk music to stuff from today's top artist are here. A cadillac that belonged to Elvis as well as his gold piano is here. Gowns worn by Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton and a couple of Porter Wagner's suits are also on display. That evening we had reservations at a restaurant that was voted most romantic and best chef in Nashville a few years ago. It was very nice inside and the food was delicious. They even decorated our table in honor of our anniversary. Later that night I talked Bryan into going to a honky tonk. Tootsie's Orchard Lounge was packed but it was still fun and the band/singer Scott Collier was really good. The drummer playing that night played the drums for Tim McGraw's song Live Like You Were Dying.
Friday morning we got up and headed over to Centenniel Park to see the Parthenon. This is a replica of the one in Athen's built for Tennessee's Centenniel and when the celebration was over it was to be torn down. Fortunately the people of Nashville didn't want that to happen and after a huge restoration project the Parthenon still stands today.
The small statue of Nike in Athena's hand is 6 feet tall if that gives you any indication how tall she is. For lunch we went to the one place that I wanted to go to in Nashville--Jack's Barbeque. Recommended to me by LuAnn McLane, one of my favorite authors, and having been here last November with my friend Rhonda while we were at the National Clogging Convention, I wanted Bryan to try it and it was just as good as I remember it. Checking out of the hotel, we headed over to Opry Mills which used to be the amusement park Opryland. This is one HUGE shopping/outlet mall and we were there over 3 hours and that's with only going in a few stores. One that we loved was called Black Lion. A large consignment type store made up of individual "sections" where we got a bit of Christmas shopping done. Very neat place and I really wish we had one here. We had a wonderful time despite the fact that it rained on Thursday (and the annoying drizzle kind too). Who knows where we'll go next year although I wouldn't mind going back to Nashville. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRYAN!! I LOVE YOU!!

0 comments: